Ready to fundraise? We're here to help!
TELL PEOPLE WHY!
You are creating a world of possibilities for kids with disabilities! Tell your friends and family all about it! For more information on your impact, click here.
KEEP IT SIMPLE.
Tell people that you’re fundraising for kids with disabilities at Holland Bloorview, and that if you reach your goal you’ll wear a cape wherever you go for an entire week! Spread the word by email, on social media using #CapesForKids, in line at the store or at work.
Need help finding the right words to ask for donations? Use the outreach letter below.
How far do gifts to Capes for Kids go?
Here are some examples:
- $25 buys new playroom toys, giving kids a chance to play and laugh.
- $50 provides music therapy instruments so kids can develop new skills, express themselves… and rock out!
- $100 supports weekend camps which allow kids to play and make new friends and gives parents down time.
- $250 gives youth independence by teaching them life skills, including cooking and navigating public transit.
- $1,000 provides financial aid for families with kids with disabilities, including funds for special equipment, transportation and medications.
HAVE SOME FUN!
Other ideas to get you started…
Have a sale
Raise money by asking people for a donation in exchange for the items being sold. Examples include a garage, bake sale, used book sale or a craft sale.
Donations in lieu of gifts
Throw a birthday, anniversary, graduation or special event and ask guests to make a donation to your Capes for Kids fundraising page in lieu of gifts. Why not make it a virtual celebration? Invite your friends and family to tune in to your Zoom gathering and celebrate your milestone with you!
Organize a sports tournament with family and friends. Have a prize for the winner. You can raise money by charging an entry fee per team or participant!
Host a virtual movie or trivia night
Select a movie and invite friends and family to your virtual movie and game night. You can sell “tickets” to the event by asking people to donate to your Capes for Kids fundraising page.