Ready to fundraise? We're here to help!
TELL PEOPLE WHY!
Kids with disabilities work hard at Holland Bloorview, and so do the hundreds of clinicians, therapists and artists who help them reach their full potential. Let people know why you are fundraising for Capes for Kids.
For more information on your impact, click here.
KEEP IT SIMPLE.
Tell people that you’re fundraising for kids with disabilities at Holland Bloorview, and that if you reach your goal you’ll wear a cape wherever you go for an entire week! Spread the word by email, on social media using #CapesForKids, in line at the store or at work.
Friends also love helping friends reach their goals! If you’re close to hitting your Capes for Kids fundraising goal, ask people to help you reach it. It’s seriously that easy!
HAVE SOME FUN!
As you reach your fundraising goals, maybe you’ll wear your cape to a big meeting, on a date, to the dentist, or on your commute. Creating fun challenges like these will help you engage your network with Capes for Kids! Don’t forget to share your adventures on social media using #CapesForKids.
How far do gifts to Capes for Kids go?
Here are some examples:
- $25 buys new playroom toys, giving kids a chance to play and laugh.
- $50 provides music therapy instruments so kids can develop new skills, express themselves… and rock out!
- $100 supports weekend camps which allow kids to play and make new friends and gives parents down time.
- $250 gives youth independence by teaching them life skills, including cooking and navigating public transit.
- $1,000 provides financial aid for families with kids with disabilities, including funds for special equipment, transportation and medications.
Other ideas to get you started…
Have a sale
Raise money by asking people for a donation in exchange for the items being sold. Examples include a garage, bake sale, used book sale or a craft sale.
Donations in lieu of gifts
Throw a birthday, anniversary, graduation or special event and ask guests to make a donation to your Capes for Kids fundraising page in lieu of gifts.
Organize a sports tournament with family and friends. Have a prize for the winner. You can raise money by charging an entry fee per team or participant!
Host a dinner with authentic food and music. Raise money by selling tickets to the dinner and asking guests to make a donation to your Capes for Kids fundraising page that night!
TV or Netflix Night
Select a movie and invite friends and family to a viewing. You can sell tickets to the event and accept donations for dinner or snacks during the evening!